In an effort to provide your cats with the best possible care during their stay with us, the Cat Connection will be implementing changes to our cat boarding policies in 2016. Please take a moment to review the changes below, all of which have been made with the health and safety of our staff and boarding cats in mind. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the store directly. Thank you for your continued patronage!
- $24.00 per unit (one cat), nights 1 – 9*
- $22.00 per night for each additional cat
- $17 per cat day board (no overnight)
- *nights 10+, $22 per cat
- For stays of one to three nights, a deposit of one night (for all cats boarding with us) will be required at time of booking.
- For stays of four or more nights, a deposit of three nights (for all cats boarding with us) will be required at time of booking.
Cancellations during non-peak times:
- A full refund of the deposit will be issued for cancellations when more than 48 hours (2 days) notice is provided.
- If less than 48 hours (2 days) or no notice (no show) is given, the full deposit will be forfeited.
Cancellations during peak times*:
- A full refund of the deposit will be issued for cancellations when more than 72 hours (3 days) notice is provided.
- If less than 72 hours (3 days) or no notice (no show) is given, the full deposit will be forfeited.
*Peak times include: March 1 – April 12 (Spring Break, Good Friday & Easter), May 3 – 14 (Mother’s Day), May 24 – September 10 (Memorial Day, Father’s Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day and Summer Vacation), November 19 – 28 (Thanksgiving) and December 17 – January 12 (Christmas & New Year’s)
Please note that other charges, such as those for medication, additional food, grooming, emergency vet visits, etc., may appear on your final invoice, independent of initial rate.
Check-in & Check-out times
- Day board: All cats must be checked in after 8 am and checked out before 5 pm.
- Overnight: All cats must be checked in between 10 am and 4 pm. Early drop off will result in an additional charge of $15. All cats must be checked out by 4 pm on the day of their scheduled departure. Late pick ups will result in an additional charge of $15.
- Up to two medications per reservation can be administered free of charge. Each additional medication will result in a $1 charge per day. We do not administer injections or subcutaneous fluids.
- All cats must arrive with enough food to last their entire stay with the Cat Connection. If more food is needed, customers will be charged the full price of the additional food plus a service fee of $15.
What to bring
- Due to limited space, please limit your cat’s supplies to the following: 1. One carrier per cat; 2. Food for their entire stay; 3. Optional: a small and washable blanket, toy OR a clean article of clothing from home. Please do not bring: bowls, dishes, towels, litter boxes or litter. Note: the Cat Connection is not responsible for these items being returned, though we will make every effort to make sure they go home with kitty.
Customers in boarding
- For the safety of our boarding cats and staff, customers will no longer be allowed in the boarding room for any reason.
Fleas & coat care
- For the health of our boarding cats, all cats will be checked for fleas upon arrival. If evidence of fleas is found at any point during your cat’s stay, a Capstar pill will be administered and the cat will be groomed at the owner’s expense.
- In the event that your cat’s coat is matted or exceptionally dirty, the cat will be groomed at the owner’s expense. This is to ensure the comfort and health of your cat while staying with us.
- The Cat Connection staff members are trained to humanely handle cats of all temperaments. However, we reserve the right to refuse to board severely aggressive cats. In some cases, additional charges for these cats may be applied to your final invoice.
Note: If your cat cannot be handled enough to be thoroughly checked for fleas, illness, or injury upon arrival, she will be quarantined on the property until she can be properly examined. Additional charges may apply.
Thank you for continuing to trust us with your feline family in 2016!