Seresto Flea Collar for Cats
From Bayer Animal Health, Seresto For Cats is not your average flea and tick collar. Providing 8-month prevention and treatment of ticks and fleas on cats and kittens 10 weeks of age and older, Seresto rises above the rest. Use only as directed.
• Repels and kills ticks for 8 months, including Deer ticks (vector of Lyme disease and anaplasmosis), American dog ticks (vector of Rocky Mountain spotted fever, cytauxzoonosis and ehrlichiosis), Brown dog ticks (vector of ehrlichiosis, anaplasmosis, babesiosis, and Rocky Mountain spotted fever), and Lone Star ticks (vector of cytauxzoonosis and ehrlichiosis).
• Prevents tick infestations within 48 hours after application.
• Quickly kills fleas on cats within 24 hours and continues to prevent infestations for 8 months.
• Treatment with Seresto kills fleas that may transmit bartonellosis (Bartonella henselae), tapeworm infections (Dipylidium caninum), feline infectious anemia (Mycoplasma spp.), and rickettsiosis (Rickettsia felis).
• Re-infesting fleas are killed within 2 hours with protection against further flea infestation lasting 8 months.
• Kills and repels fleas before they lay eggs.
• Seresto aids in the control of flea larvae in the cat's surroundings following contact with a Seresto-treated cat.
• Aids in the treatment and control of Sarcoptic mange.
• Bayer Polymer Matrix ensures that both active ingredients are slowly and continuously released in low concentrations.
• Make sure to replace the collar after 8 months for year-round pest prevention.
• Light reflectors for added visibility in the evening and at night.
HOW TO APPLY
One collar per animal to be fastened around the neck. Remove collar from protective bag directly before use. Unroll collar and make sure that there are no remnants from the plastic connectors inside the collar.
Insert end of the collar through the buckle. Adjust the collar around the animal's neck without tightening it too tight (as a guide, it should be possible to insert 2 fingers between the collar and the neck). Pull excess collar through the loop(s) and cut off any excess length extending 1 inch (2 cm) beyond the loop(s).
After application of the collar, three reflector clips may be fixed permanently to the collar to increase the animal's visibility in the dark. Take the clips out of the bag. The clips should be evenly distributed on the non-overlapping part of the collar. The clips are correctly applied when a clicking sound is heard. For safety reasons once the reflectors are fixed to the collar the clasp closes permanently and cannot be re-opened.
The collar should be worn continuously for the 8 month protection period. Check periodically and adjust fit if necessary, especially when kittens are rapidly growing.
This collar is designed with a safety-closure mechanism. In the unlikely event of a cat being trapped, the cat's own strength is sufficient to widen the collar to allow for quick release.
Replace the collar after 8 months for optimal tick and flea protection.
Keep the collar in the bag and in the outer packaging until use. As with any pesticide product, do not allow small children to play with the collar or reflectors, or to put them into their mouths. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and cold water after fitting the collar. People with sensitivity reactions to the ingredients of the collar should avoid contact with the collar. Choking hazard. Contains small parts. Do not place collar or reflectors in mouth. Not intended for use on humans.
For external use on cats only. Do not use on other animals. Do not use on kittens under ten weeks of age. Do not get this product in cat's eyes or mouth. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, breeding, pregnant, or nursing animals. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, remove collar and bathe your pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your animal is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product. If your cat is experiencing an adverse event, contact your veterinarian and call 1-800-422-9874.
The Bayer Polymer Matrix System ensures that both active ingredients are slowly and continuously released in low concentrations from the collar towards the animal. This avoids peak concentrations and ensures that concentrations of both active ingredients are present in the cat's haircoat during the entire efficacy period. The active ingredients spread from the site of direct contact over the entire skin surface.
Active Ingredients: % by Weight
Flumethrin* - 4.5%
Imidacloprid - 10.0%
OTHER INGREDIENTS - 85.5%
Total - 100%
* Trans Z-1/trans Z-2 ratio: max 66% trans Z-1 and min 34% trans Z-2
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.